Current Weather 2.1 NNW Downtown Carlsbad, NM.

History Channels "Little Ice Age - Big Chill."

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Chance For Rain Today.

Click On The Maps To Enlarge Them.

Blog updated at 4:05 PM MST.

Cannon AFB Doppler Radar Snapshot At 7:00 AM MST.

Same Image Using The "Winterize Mode."

A broken line of rain showers, with areas of embedded light freezing rain, and a few snow showers, stretches across the central mountains of New Mexico, northeastward to the Texas Panhandle at sunrise this morning. This area of showers is moving off to the southeast as an upper-level short wave trough of low pressure moves southeastward over northern New Mexico.





Clouds will be on the increase across southeastern New Mexico today as a short wave trough of low pressure sweeps southeastward across the state. The upper-level low located over the southern tip of Baja, California, is too far to our south to have much of an effect on our local weather. Scattered rain showers will continue to move southeastward into the local area throughout the day today.

Its possible that an isolated thunderstorm or two may also occur. Our chances for measurable rainfall across the southeastern plains is around 20% - 30% today, except for the Roswell area which has a 50% chance of seeing rain. Our chances of rain dwindle to 20% by tonight.

Most of us will see afternoon high temps in the 50's today. Snow is forecast to fall across the Sacramento, Capitan, and Guadalupe Mountains today into this evening. 1" - 2" will be possible generally above 7,000'.

Weekend Storm.


Yet another upper-level storm is forecast to move into the state by late in this upcoming weekend. A modified arctic cold front is forecast to arrive in SE NM Saturday night with much colder air overspreading the area into Sunday. If the models are correct, then we will have a chance of seeing a rain, snow, and sleet mix Saturday and Sunday, with our high temperatures only in the 40's on Sunday. Accumulating snows could fall in the mountains.

The Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction!

My Web Page Is Best Viewed With Google Chrome.
Post a Comment

My Twitter Feed

My Blog List